Communication is the means whereby one can transmit ideas and information to others in a form that all the parties involved are able to understand. The purpose of this course is to allow students to gain the necessary skills in the modern world such that they are able to transmit what they want to communicate using the various means that are available.
The course is constructed such that the student will learn to:
- Give presentations
- Deal with questions.
- Participate actively in meetings.
- Use the telephone and teleconference facilities with confidence. Network at all levels.
- Write business letters, effective e-mails, agendas and minutes of meetings, mission statements and quality statements.
and will develop the core skills required for:
- Listening and discussion.
- Reading and language comprehension.
- Speaking and writing.
The course is examined by a presentation assignment and a written exam, and will make a maximum contribution to the Foundation Course of 10%.